We invite everyone to submit their abstracts to the World Association for Laser Therapy at Nice France from Oct 3-6th 2018. You need not be a current member of WALT to submit an abstract but membership is strongly encouraged. Abstracts papers must be submitted online by July 31st 2018, and adhere to the instructions for authors below. All abstracts will be peer-reviewed and presenters will be informed by early August, 2018.
Abstract Formatting Instructions
- Limit abstract to a maximum of 500 words and use single spacing throughout abstract.
- All abstracts must have the following sections: 1.Title, 2.Authors, 3.Affiliation(s), 4.Introduction, 5.Methods, 6.Results, 7.Conclusions and 8. Statements (stating any conflicts of interest & the ethical conduct of research study.)
- Title: The abstract title should be short and succinct; the body of the abstract should follow logically from the title. Title should not exceed 150 characters (including spaces).
- Authors: Author’s name(s) must be in format – Last name, followed by Initials and the presenters name should be underlined.
- Affiliations: practice / institute, city and country.
- Introduction: briefly introduce the background and motivation for the study.
- Methods: Due to the great discrepancies noted in various laser-light studies, we are instituting a strict disclosure of all relevant parameters* used in studies presented henceforth at all WALT conferences. Failure to do so will result in automatic rejection without review
- Device specifications:
– Manufacturer, location and model number
– Probe Design – cluster / single probe
– Wavelength/s: in nm
– Power: in mW or W
– Power Density: W/cm2
– Spot size or area of irradiation: cm2
– Pulsing or duty cycle if used
– Energy Density: J/cm2
– Energy per point / area (no. of areas) or total energy – Joules
- Treatment specifications:
– Treatment Time (sec)|
– Frequency of treatments
– Total number of treatments
– Technique used: Direct in-contact probe OR scanning technique
– Area(s) treated: local or distal or both.
– Location and number of points.
– Grid pattern/sequential treatment
– Animals – shaved or not
* Please state if these parameters were measured or mfd
- Results: state the results of the study and note statistical tests when relevant.
- Conclusion: summarise the conclusions drawn from the study. State the implications of the study and any recommendations for future applications.
- Statements: [IMPORTANT] Clinical and animal studies must explicitly state if ethical disclosures have been clearly obtained (informed patient consent, IRB approvals in place). Any conflicts of interests must be explicitly declared here.
- References: are not obligatory. Please limit to 10 most relevant (Note: References are included in the total word count).
Any abstracts that do not meet these formatting requirements will be rejected without further review. If you are having trouble using the online submission system or have a different file format, please contact email@example.com with your queries.